“I dream of a world where people create great memories for others.” – author, Hoboist
About the blog
- The capitalist society defines a “hobo” as an itinerant worker or a homeless beggar; but, in reality, a hobo is any free man or woman who is no longer confined within the grips of the capitalist society.
- He is someone who spends his life in perpetual explorations; who champions the most human quality of curiosity. Imagine the clarity of his mind; with almost, omniscient perspective on life; the naked mirth of his heart when he meets another of his kin on the road: O, the soul of a hobo!
- Paraphrasing G.K. Chesterton, “a tourist sees what he has come to see, while a hobo sees what he sees.” Hoboist is this spirit of a hobo that inspires us to go, explore!
Evolution of Hoboist
- Since 2014, Hoboist.com has inspired thousands of people to instill creativity into their, otherwise, muted daily lives through unscripted, unedited, straight-from-the-heart blog-posts.
- In 2016, several curated tours to exotic places were arranged for a few hundred travellers.
- “Humans learn from the work of other humans.” Isaac Newton once said, “If I have seen further than others, it is only by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” With this in mind, by late 2016, a new sub-category named “CULTURE” was added to help the typical traveller to identify his life’s purpose.
- Since Starting up is the process of setting your purpose in motion, a new category named “STARTUP” was added, in 2017.
- Go, explore the new Hoboist!
About the author
- Anil believes that a true traveller can make you pause and relish the joy of a Hoboist life, vicariously. He started solo-travel, at high school (c. 2004), when the traditional Indian family considered travel to be a very risky affair, even in a large group.
- He braved his family’s wrath and fears and met people from different countries and cultures; lived with some, and travelled with some. Some of his experiences include 16,000ft glacier-living with gritty military men and pro-mountaineers, jumping off of a boat with crazy people, 4km off the shore, staying in remote ashrams with random hobos chatting and contemplating the meaning of life, learning powerful healing techniques from a Nepali-French guru who was a part of a famous Hollywood movie, getting robbed of his phone and wallet in a foreign country with no one to contact…
- All these experiences made him realise that the human life is not about being “successful” in the eyes of the society, it’s more about being a successful tool for evolution.
- After more than a decade of solo explorations, he created Hoboist.com to connect and exchange stories with people. He receives emails from passionate people saying “thank you” or expressing a desire to collaborate in some way; he is very grateful for their love. 🙂
- 14+ years of solo-travel, meeting people from various cultures has turned him into an “empath”, which helped him to create a tool for people to find their best-match for any interpersonal goal like work or relationship.
- Apart from Travel, he is a perpetual student of Consumer Neuroscience, Experimental Psychology, Behavioural Economics, and Technology; he has 10+ years of experience in marketing, lead nurturing and client happiness – in, both, domestic and international markets.
- On a given day, he is, either, trying to solve a business problem (mostly, something to do with identifying and optimising for a specific human behaviour) or planning his next travel…